Long Term ECT Teacher – SEN School – South Birmingham – ASAP
Location: B33, Birmingham
Pay rate: £110-£130 per day
A calm and positive Special Needs School in South Birmingham is seeking a passionate and dedicated Early Career Teacher for a full time role starting ASAP until December, in the first instance. You will be expected to plan and deliver creative, engaging and differentiated lessons to support pupils identified with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) and Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD).
This forward thinking Special Needs School caters for pupils aged 4-19 with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) including ASD, MLD and SLD. Staff at this school provide a personalised approach to each individual pupils’ needs encouraging them to become lifelong learners and valued members of their communities.
The school is committed to providing continuous professional development for all staff and encourage a supportive, motivating, and engaging working environment.
Register your interest today with Twenty4Seven Education by calling Katie/Allan from the Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 or send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for ECT’s who:
* Have a passion for education and the ability to teach pupils in an exciting and engaging way
* Can plan and deliver high-quality, inspirational, creative and thought provoking lessons
to pupils including those identified with having special educational needs and disabilities
* Have excellent up to date knowledge of the National Curriculum – in particular the core subjects Maths, English and Science
* Have a good understanding of the SEN Code of Practice
* Have the ability to adhere and contribute to Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP), Annual Reviews and Behaviour Support Plans
* Have a good understanding of child development and learning processes
* Have been involved in developing pupils’ reading skills by using words, signs, symbols and/or objects of reference is beneficial
* Have had experience of using communication aids such as British Sign Language, Makaton or PECS is admirable
* Can monitor and assess pupils effectively maintaining high expectations, to enable every child to fulfil their potential
* Have excellent communication (verbal and written) and organisation skills
* Can demonstrate highly effective positive classroom and behaviour management in line with the School policy
* Have the ability to form positive professional relationships with young children and staff
* Are able to use their initiative to work independently and who can contribute to and work as part of a team in their Department
* Are reliable and flexible to suit the expectations of the School
* Hold a relevant teaching qualification with QTS, such as a PGCE, BEd Hons or a BA Hons
* Completed 1 or more teaching placements in a UK School and have a record of ‘Good’ or better classroom practice
* Have eligibility to work in the UK or be a UK resident
* Two suitable references covering the last 2 years including one from your University and teaching placement school setting
* Enhanced DBS registered to the update service or willingness to obtain a new certificate
* Safeguarding training within the last 12 months (if you haven’t we provide a free course once you’ve undergone our relevant compliance checks)
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 referral scheme for both you and those you recommend (uncapped)*
** FREE or heavily discounted CPD courses including a certified British Sign Language certification, SEND certification, Mental Wellbeing of Children certification, Teaching Phonics Level 2 etc.
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.