SEMH School Based Support Worker – Birmingham – ASAP
* Location: B33 – Birmingham
* Start date: ASAP
* Contract: Full Time
* SEN specialism: SEMH
* Hours: 8:30am – 3:30pm
* Pay rate: £75-£85 per day
An ambitious and nurturing Special Needs School in the B33 area in Birmingham is seeking a strong, resilient and patient Teaching Assistant for a full time role starting ASAP. You will be expected to support individual male pupils or small groups of male pupils identified with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs (SEMH).
To be successful in this role you MUST have experience of supporting children and young adults with SEMH.
Register your interest today with Twenty4Seven Education by calling Katie/Allan from the Birmingham office.
This forward thinking Special Needs School educates male pupils aged 5-14 with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) including SEMH. They endeavour to meet pupils wide ranging educational and social needs, they provide an appropriate curriculum, which encompasses and extends the National Curriculum.
The school is committed to providing continuous professional development for all staff and encourage a supportive, motivating, and engaging working environment.
* You will provide levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils’ needs, encouraging the pupils to stay on task
* You will monitor the pupils’ response to the learning activities and, where appropriate, modify or adapt the activities as agreed with the class teacher to achieve the intended learning outcomes
* You will assist in the recording of lessons and assessment as required by the class teacher
* A recognised Teaching Assistant qualification – NVQ Level 2 or equivalent would be advantageous but not essential
* Experience of supporting pupils identified with having SEND including SEMH
* Experience of assisting with the development and implementation of Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP)
* Good knowledge of the National Curriculum and SEN Code of Practice
* A good understanding of child development and learning processes
* Experience of developing pupils’ reading skills by using words, signs, symbols and/or objects of reference is beneficial
* Experience of using communication aids such as British Sign Language, Makaton or PECS is admirable
* Have the ability to effectively manage behaviour using positive strategies
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
* Have the ability to form positive professional relationships with young children and staff
* Minimum of 3 months experience of working with children in an educational or similar setting
* Professional reference checks to cover the last 2 years
* Legal right to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS registered to the Update Service or willingness to pay and apply for a new certificate
* Excellent knowledge of safeguarding children and young adults – you will need an up to date Safeguarding Training Certificate (we provide FREE Safeguarding Training)
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 referral scheme for both you and those you recommend (uncapped)*
** FREE or heavily discounted CPD courses including a certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course, British Sign Language certification, Mental wellbeing of children certification and Paediatric first aid
** Exclusive access to FREE 1:1 Education Support CPD training sessions
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Early notification of training/courses/workshops
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.