SEMH Teaching Assistant – Bromsgrove
Location: Bromsgrove, Worcestershire
SEN specialism: ASC, MLD/SLD, SEMH
Contract: Full Time – Temp to Perm
Hours: 8:30 – 3:30
Pay Rate: £75 – £90 per day
An inclusive and nurturing Special Needs School in Bromsgrove is seeking a compassionate, resilient and dedicated Teaching Assistant for a full time role starting ASAP on a Temp to Perm basis. You will be expected to support individual pupils or small groups of pupils who have been excluded, or are at risk of exclusion. The vast majority of pupils at this school have also been identified with (SEMH). This is an exciting opportunity to join a fantastic school and team of staff, who go above and beyond for the education and welfare of the young people who attend.
You will need to be an individual who is resilient and can demonstrate significant presence around the school and can be adaptable to the school day.
Register your interest today with Twenty4Seven Education by calling Elle from our Worcester office on 01905896665, or alternatively, email an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This ‘Good’ Ofsted rated SEN School caters for pupils aged 4-19, with a broad range of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities including Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs (SEMH), Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) and Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD). Their purpose is to provide a safe, positive, stimulating and challenging learning environment where all their pupils’ needs are identified and met and where progress, achievements and success are recognised and celebrated. In addition, they develop pupil’s personal responsibility and encourage decision making and choice. To achieve this they listen to and respect their pupils’ voice and contributions, communicating with them through whatever means appropriate. Their children are supported to make good judgements; to protect themselves and to manage their emotions and communicate ideas and they ensure their young people are ready for life’s opportunities.
· You will provide levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils’ needs, encouraging the pupils to stay on task
· You will monitor the pupils’ response to the learning activities and, where appropriate, modify or adapt the activities as agreed with the class teacher to achieve the intended learning outcomes
· You will assist in the recording of lessons and assessment as required by the class teacher
· A recognised Teaching Assistant qualification – NVQ Level 2 or equivalent would be advantageous but not essential
· Experience of supporting pupils identified with having SEND including SEMH
· Experience of assisting with the development and implementation of Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP)
· Good knowledge of the National Curriculum and SEN Code of Practice
· A good understanding of child development and learning processes
· Experience of developing pupils’ reading skills by using words, signs, symbols and/or objects of reference is beneficial
· Experience of using communication aids such as British Sign Language, Makaton or PECS is admirable
· Have the ability to effectively manage behaviour using positive strategies
· Demonstrate excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
· Have the ability to form positive professional relationships with young children and staff
· Minimum of 3 months experience of working with children in an educational or similar setting
· Professional reference checks to cover the last 2 years
· Legal right to work in the UK
· Enhanced DBS registered to the Update Service or willingness to pay and apply for a new certificate
· Excellent knowledge of safeguarding children and young adults – you will need an up to date Safeguarding Training Certificate (we provide FREE Safeguarding Training)
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
· Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
· Competitive rates of pay
· £100 referral scheme for both you and those you recommend (uncapped)*
· FREE or heavily discounted CPD courses including a certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course, British Sign Language certification, Mental wellbeing of children certification and Paediatric first aid
· FREE Safeguarding training
· Early notification of training/courses/workshops
· Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.