SEN Primary Teacher Birmingham Asap Start
We are actively seeking a qualified Primary teacher in Birmingham. Our client is a school looking for a Primary Teacher with experience in a SEN school. Candidates must be passionate, enthusiastic and dedicated in supporting children with additional needs.
Our client specialises in the education of primary-aged pupils with physical needs, severe learning difficulties, profound and multiple learning difficulties, specific communication and learning needs, visual impairment and hearing impairment. Those with a combination of complex medical conditions and sensory level autism may also attend this site. The school has high standards of teaching and learning and is committed to ensuring that all pupils achieve their full potential.
The Successful Candidate
- Will be a highly skilled classroom teacher who is enthusiastic and motivated to help students develop and reach their full potential
- Previous teaching experience and skills of working with children across KS1 and KS2
- Have experience of working with children with autism and communication difficulties
- Have QTS status
- Be a team player
- DBS on the update system or willing to have a new DBS
As a SEND Teacher you’ll be expected to:
- Teach KS1 and KS2 curriculum.
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation
- Maintain discipline and manage challenging behaviour.
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area
- Stay up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
- Be aware there will be some elements of personal care
- If you feel you possess these qualities, are passionate about working alongside pupils with SEND and would like to shape their futures at a progressive school, then we would like to hear from you.
The key benefits for working with us are:
- Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
- Competitive rates of pay
- Up to £125 referral scheme*
- CPD courses and training
- A variety of daily positions with flexible hours across the school week
- Long term positions to suit your needs
- Opportunities to progress in your career
- Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults.
Therefore, this position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance will be provided.