SEN School Based Support Worker – Stourbridge – September
Location: Stourbridge and surrounding areas
In preparation for the new academic year starting September and to fulfil the demand for daily and short/long term cover, we are now actively seeking enthusiastic, caring, resourceful and reliable School Based Support Workers/Teaching Assistants for Special Needs Schools in Stourbridge.
We require School Based Support Workers/Teaching Assistants who are passionate and dedicated to supporting children and young adults with Special Educational Needs and Difficulties (SEND) such as Speech and Language including those who are non-verbal, have Moderate/Severe/ Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (MLD/SLD/PMLD), Complex Needs, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Social Emotional and Mental Health Needs (SEMH).
We are very keen to speak with Teaching Assistants, Learning Support Assistants, Nursery Nurses, Residential Workers, Youth Workers and Support Workers with relevant previous experience working with SEND children and young adults.
Register your interest today with Twenty4Seven Education by calling Katie/Charlotte from the Worcester office on 01905 896 665 or by sending an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching Assistant duties:
* You will supervise and support in lessons following the direction of the class teacher on a whole class/group/1:1 basis ensuring pupils can access their learning
* You will provide detailed and regular feedback to pupils concerning their learning, achievement and behaviour under the guidance of the class teacher
* You will communicate effectively with the class teacher with regards to the pupils’ engagement, progress, behaviour and any issues that arise in class or around school
* You will need to attend to the pupils’ needs including personal care by following their Individual Support Plans and Personal Care Programmes
* You will need to complete relevant administration tasks
* To be calm, compassionate and patient
* Hold a relevant Teaching Assistant qualification or a degree around childcare is admirable but not essential
* Experience of assisting with the development and implementation of Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP)
* Experience of using communication aids such as British Sign Language, Makaton or PECS is desirable
* Knowledge of the National Curriculum
* Have the ability to effectively manage behaviour using positive strategies and demonstrate resilience
* Team Teach, MAPA or equivalent trained is admirable but not essential
* Willing to do personal care
Teaching Assistant requirements:
* Minimum of 3 months experience of working with SEND children and/or young adults, in an educational setting or within the healthcare sector
* Professional reference checks to cover the last 2 years
* Legal right to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS registered to the Update Service or willingness to pay and apply for a new certificate
* Excellent knowledge of safeguarding children and young adults – you will need an up to date Safeguarding Training Certificate (we provide FREE Safeguarding Training)
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 referral scheme for you and those you recommend (uncapped)*
** FREE or heavily discounted CPD courses including a certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course, British Sign Language certification, Mental wellbeing of children certification and Paediatric first aid
** FREE Safeguarding Training Course
** Early notification of training/courses/workshops
** A variety of daily positions with flexible hours across the school week
** Long-term positions to suit your needs
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.