SEN Teacher – Selly Oak – ASAP
Location: Selly Oak, Birmingham
SEN specialism: ASD, SLD and SLCN
Start date: ASAP
Contract: Full Time – Temp to Perm
Pay rate: £110-160 per day
An innovative and nurturing Special Needs School in Selly Oak, Birmingham is seeking a full time enthusiastic, creative, dedicated and qualified Teacher for a temp to perm role. This amazing opportunity is to start ASAP.
You will be expected to plan and deliver high quality lessons to pupils with an Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP) who have been identified with Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and/or Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN).
Therefore, the School needs a reliable, adaptable and resilient Teacher with experience of teaching pupils with challenging behaviour and can demonstrate strong classroom and behaviour management.
** ECTs are welcome to apply!**
Register your interest today with Twenty4Seven Education by calling Katie/Allan from the Birmingham office.
This small, supportive and welcoming Special Needs School caters for pupils aged 3-11 with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) including ASD, SLD and SLCN. Staff at this caring school create an atmosphere where every pupil is encouraged and inspired to achieve their potential and develop a love of learning.
We are looking for qualified Teachers who:
* Have a passion for education and the ability to teach pupils in an exciting and engaging way
* Can plan and deliver high-quality, inspirational, creative and thought provoking lessons
to pupils including those identified with having ASC, SLD and SLCN
* Have a good understanding of the SEN Code of Practice
* Have the ability to adhere and contribute to EHCPs, Annual Reviews and Behaviour Support Plans
* Have excellent up to date knowledge of the National Curriculum and assessment including the DfE Engagement Model for pupils working at below age expected levels
* Can monitor and assess pupils effectively maintaining high expectations, to enable every child to fulfil their potential
* Experience of teaching a DfE validated Systematic Synthetic Phonics (SSP) Programme
* Have a good understanding of child development and learning processes
* Have been involved in developing pupils’ reading skills by using words, signs, symbols and/or objects of reference is beneficial
* Have had experience of using communication aids such as British Sign Language, Makaton or PECS is admirable
* Have excellent communication (verbal and written) and organisation skills
* Can demonstrate highly effective positive classroom and behaviour management in line with the School policy
* Have the ability to form positive professional relationships with young children and staff
* QTS, QTLS, PGCE or equivalent is essential for this role
* Minimum of 12 months teaching experience is essential for this role
* Have eligibility to work in the UK or be a UK resident
* Two teaching references covering the last 2 years
* Enhanced DBS registered to the update service or willingness to obtain a new certificate
* Safeguarding training within the last 12 months (if you haven’t we provide a free course once you’ve undergone our relevant compliance checks)
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
** Competitive rates of pay
** £100 referral scheme for both you and those you recommend (uncapped)*
** FREE or heavily discounted CPD courses including a certified British Sign Language certification, SEND certification, Mental Wellbeing of Children certification, Teaching Phonics Level 2 etc.
** Access to 1:1 Educational Support CPD sessions including Interview Preparation, Working with SEND, Lesson Planning, Behaviour Management etc.
** FREE Safeguarding training
** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply’ and your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.