SEN Teaching Assistant – Malvern – ASAP
Pay rate: £60-80 per day
A Primary School in Malvern are seeking a Teaching Assistant for a full time role starting ASAP until July in the first instance. You will be expected to support pupils across the key stages, who have been identified with special needs and/or learning difficulties and therefore, need additional help to achieve their academic potential.
This ‘Good’ Ofsted rated Primary School is a small and friendly School that offers a high quality, broad and balanced curriculum. They recognise the uniqueness of every child and they place a very strong emphasis on personalised learning. They are proud of their caring and inclusive ethos and the very happy environment in which their children learn. As a result of these things, their children not only achieve high standards, but they also develop the personal skills needed to become happy, fulfilled, successful individuals.
* You will support the class teacher with delivery of lessons
* You will follow the direction of the class teacher and support pupils either on a 1:1 or small group basis to support their learning
* You will be providing bespoke support to pupils with a wide range of abilities and needs, tailoring activities to ensure they engage with and complete tasks
* Be committed to preventative approaches to working with pupils with behaviour difficulties and positive strategies for managing and adapting challenging behaviour
* You will need to complete relevant administration tasks
The ideal candidate:
** Experience working with children in the last 5 years including those identified with special needs
** Hold a relevant Teaching Assistant qualification or a degree around childcare is admirable but not essential
** Demonstrate positive behaviour management
** Good communication and organisation skills
** Right to work in the UK
** Enhanced DBS on the Update Service. Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one
The key benefits for working with us are:
*** Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
*** Competitive rates of pay
*** Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
*** FREE/heavily reduced CPD courses including a certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course, Mental Wellbeing of Children certification, Coaching & Mentoring course etc.
*** FREE Safeguarding training
*** Up to £125 referral scheme (uncapped)*
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in joining us, please click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV over.
Alternatively, please contact your local Worcester office on 01905 896 880 for a confidential discussion on your career and opportunities that are available.