SEN Teaching Assistant – Worcester – September
Location: Worcester, Worcestershire
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Start date: September
Salary: £16,000-£18,000 per annum
Twenty 4 Seven Education are thrilled to be working with a dedicated special needs school in Worcester, Worcestershire. They are looking to appoint a full time Teaching Assistant to start September on a permanent contract. You will be expected to assist the teacher in delivering effective and appropriate learning in a variety of contexts, promoting pupil independence, self-esteem and social inclusion.
This ‘Good’ Ofsted rated Special School is approved to educate children with Special Educational Needs and Difficulties (SEND), aged 8 years up to the age of 19 years. All of their students have an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) and targets are tailored to meet their needs. They aim to prepare students for adulthood, building confidence and independence alongside academic success.
As a teaching assistant you should be prepared to:
– Assist the teacher in delivering a broad and balanced curriculum this may include group or 1:1 interventions
– Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved
– Ensure the safeguarding of the children and young people in your care
– Be part of an effective team at the school
– A Teaching Assistant qualification is desirable but not essential
– You must be patient, compassionate, calm and approachable
– You must be able to demonstrate the ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a committed team
– You must have a desire to make a difference to the progress of all SEN pupils
– Awareness and understanding of the needs of children and child development
– Experience of working with children and/or young people with severe learning difficulties and challenging behaviours
– The ability to demonstrate positive behaviour management
– Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
– Good ICT skills
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process.
If this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Worcester office on 01905 896 880 and ask for Katie/Charlotte for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.