SEND Teacher PMLD Northfield, Birmingham to start ASAP
Twenty4Seven Education are actively seeking qualified Teachers in the Northfield area. The school requires a flexible SEND Teachers both primary and secondary. Candidates must be passionate, enthusiastic and dedicated in supporting children with additional needs (PMLD, ASD, MLD, SLD, HI, SI PD, SEMH, EBD, ADHD, MSI etc).
Applicants must be willing to work across all key stages and have relevant and/or previous experience working with SEN children with various needs PMLD, ASD, MLD, SLD, HI, SI PD, SEMH, EBD, ADHD, MSI etc. We have long term and day to day roles available, with both part-time and full-time roles. There is also the chance of permanent roles for the right candidate. This school may have elements of personal care but this is not essential.
As a SEND Teacher or you will be working alongside the other support staff working with pupils with everyday school life. Generally teaching class sizes of 13 or less. You will be a source of support for pupils and will ensure they are motivated, happy and engaged. This is unlike a standard teaching role and is a very rewarding opportunity for those who apply.
- SEND experience (PMLD, ASD, MLD, SLD, HI, SI PD, SEMH, EBD, ADHD, MSI etc)
- Calm, caring, considerate, compassionate and most of all patient.
- Understanding of key issues like challenging behaviour, safeguarding
- Willing to have a DBS check or have DBS on the update
- Understanding of relevant policies/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
- Be empathetic and passionate about working with SEND children or young adults
- QTS or PGCE
As a SEND Teacher you’ll be expected to:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation
- Maintain discipline and manage challenging behaviour.
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area
- Stay up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
- Be aware there may be some elements of personal care
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
- Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
- Competitive rates of pay
- Up to £125 referral scheme*
- CPD courses and training
- A variety of daily positions with flexible hours across the school week
- Long term positions to suit your needs
- Opportunities to progress in your career
- Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form.
Twenty4seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. Therefore, this position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance will be provided.