Theatre Technician – Coventry – ASAP
**Temporary 6 month contract – Term Time only inc inset, plus 20 days
Has the potential to become extended
** Part time – 21 hours per work (3 days – flexible)
** Grade – TBC
A leading Independent School are seeking to appoint a part time temporary Theatre Technician. The Theatre and Events Technician will work with teachers as part of a professional team to support learning by providing technical assistance through the preparation and day-today maintenance of teaching areas and equipment for pupils.
If interested the School requires a completed application form no later than Tuesday 17th May.
This Independent Co-Educational Day School in Coventry caters for children aged 3 to 18 years old. The history of academic prowess, sporting spirit and musical passion is the foundation on which this school stands. This solid foundation, excellent teaching and extensive co-curricular opportunities means there is no limit to what pupils can achieve. This school is a community of learners, who will become the leaders of the future. They nurture the curiosity of their youngest pupils and encourage a love of learning as they progress through their educational journey with them.
Main activities and responsibilities:
* Design, create, make and set up resources/materials/equipment for lessons and theatre productions
* Support structured and practical activities for groups or on a one-to-one basis
* Order and maintain sufficient supplies of materials and equipment. Safely and securely use and store allocated equipment and materials. Clean and undertake maintenance of equipment and working areas
* Perform risk assessment and duties in line with health and safety regulations and take action where hazards are identified
* Provide technical support where necessary including in teaching rooms, external parties wishing to use school facilities and charitable events
* Create digital and print media for promotions of all musical and theatrical performances within the school
* Manage, oversee and maintain the external theatre bookings
* Manage, maintain and monitor stock and storage of props/set/costume departments
* Organise and facilitate lunchtime technical theatre club for all age groups
* Cover lessons when required
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now’, email email@example.com or call 0121 817 0400 to find out more.
You will need to complete an application form for this role, this will be sent to you via email after the initial telephone call with the consultant.
If this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.