KS1 Teaching Assistant
Twenty 4 Seven Education is Thrilled to be working alongside an inviting and enthusiastic primary school located in Bridgend. They are looking for a hard-working and passionate Teaching Assistant to work as a full-time general teaching assistant with some 1:1 work.
The school is dedicated to providing an enjoyable and stimulating learning environment to encourage academic and personal development within their pupils. The successful candidate will be working among a team of dedicated staff and will work within this team to continue the enthusiastic style of teaching the school prides itself on.
This role is a full-time position starting in September, the successful candidate will be working term-time from 8:30 to 15:30 on weekdays. The main role will be a general teaching assistant within the KS1 classrooms as well as some 1:1 work.
As a Teaching Assistant, you will
- Supervise and provide support for the pupils within the classroom
Assist the development of individuals in both an academic and personal capacity
Get to know the pupils and develop methods for supporting them within the classroom
- Provide feedback to pupils to assist their development under the guidance of the teacher
- Assist the classroom teacher with planning and deliverance of learning activities
- Discuss and put into action strategies to support pupils with the teacher
- Promote good pupil behavior and deal with conflict promptly
The successful candidate will
- Will be patient, enthusiastic and approachable
- Will have experience working within an educational setting
- Will have a good command of the English language
- Will be able to plan and perform learning activities
- Experience working in similar roles is desirable but not essential. Teaching assistant qualifications are also desirable but not essential.