Twenty4Seven Education is currently looking for a Learning Support Assistant based in Newport. The role is a long-term position starting ASAP. with the potential to become a permanent position for the right candidate.
What will I be doing?
• You will be working in a real variety of situations – no day will be the same. You will be supporting a range of teachers and pupils in small groups and one to one sessions – whatever is needed on that day.
• You will sometimes be accompanying groups on trips.
• Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
• Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
• You will be helping to maintain a safe and positive environment for all learners
• You will be creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
What experience do I need to have?
• Formal educational training/teaching qualifications are desirable but not essential; however you must have experience of working with children and a real desire and commitment to the happiness, well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
• You will have a patient and cheerful disposition and must love working with children
• It is essential that you have GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
• You will be someone who is able to use your initiative and happy working on your own as well as in a team
• We are looking for someone with a real can do attitude
What else do I need to know about this role?
• You will be working with a very supportive team and receive all the training that you need
• This is term time only and the hours are between 08.30 – 3.30pm (there may possibly be some flexibility on these hours) You will be working 32.5 hours per week.
• Good opportunities available for personal and career development.
• Pension Scheme.
• If you are thinking about entering teaching this is a great introduction
Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE safeguarding training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
If you’re interested in the above opportunity, please contact Darcy on 029 2160 2662 or email@example.com