SEMH Behaviour Specialist and Teaching Assistant
Bromsgrove & Worcester
£75-£85 Daily rate
We are actively seeking SEMH behaviour specialists and teaching assistants in the Bromsgrove and Worcester area. The post requires a flexible Behaviour Specialist Teaching Assistants who is passionate, enthusiastic, and dedicated in supporting children with additional needs (ASD, SEMH, EBD, ADHD, etc).
Applicants must be willing to work across all key stages and have relevant and/or previous experience working with SEN children and young adults with various needs ASD, SEMH, EBD, ADHD, etc. This role can be part time or full time with the chance of permanent roles for the right candidate. Some schools have elements of personal care, but this is not essential.
As a SEMH Behaviour specialist teaching assistant or you will be working alongside the other support staff supporting pupils with everyday school life. You will be a source of support for pupils and will ensure they are motivated, happy, and engaged. You will need experience in handling challenging behaviour.
• SEND experience (ASD, SEMH, EBD, ADHD, etc)
• Calm, caring, considerate, compassionate and most of all patience.
• Understanding of key issues like challenging behaviour, safeguarding
• Willing to have a DBS check or have DBS on the update
• Confident to work 1 to 1 with a child or in a classroom environment
• Understanding of relevant policies/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
• Team teach or MAPPA training desirable but not essential
• Be empathetic and passionate about working with SEND children or young adults
As a SEMH Teaching assistant or behaviour specialist you’ll be expected to:
• Teach all areas of the school curriculum
• Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment
• Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges
• Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation
• Maintain discipline and manage challenging behaviour.
• Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development
• Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area
• Stay up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum
• Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
The key benefits for working with Us:
• Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
• Competitive rates of pay
• Up to £125 referral scheme*
• FREE CPD courses
• A variety of daily positions with flexible hours across the school week
• Long term positions to suit your needs
• Opportunities to progress in your career
• Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now.’
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Therefore, this position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance will be provided.