Full-Time SEN Teaching Assistant – Worcester
Location: Worcester, Worcestershire
School: Primary – 1:1 with SEN
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Ongoing – Full-Time Only
Pay Rate: £75-£90 per day
We are looking for multiple passionate and resilient FULL-TIME SEN School Support Workers/Teaching Assistants for a Primary School in Worcester, Worcestershire to join their team, starting ASAP an ongoing basis.
You MUST be able to commute to Worcester on a full-time basis Monday-Friday 8:30am-3:30pm!
This job will require you to assist the teacher in providing an exciting and engaging curriculum, as well as supporting a small number of students with additional needs who need that extra bit of help to reach their full academic potential. You will be encouraging a positive and inclusive atmosphere within the classroom, which will positively influence the emotional, social and academic development of the children.
This ‘Good’ Ofsted Rated SEN School located in Worcester, Worcestershire caters for students aged 3-11 and are inclusive to students identified with Special Educational Needs (SEN). They strive to build strong links between home and school so that they can work together for the benefit of their children, encouraging them to grow in to responsible adults with an understanding of the communities and world in which they live. They are a richly diverse community, and pride themselves on their inclusive practice. They have high expectations of their children and work as a team to offer a range of opportunities. They value every child for their own uniqueness and explore the many talents they may possess and celebrate these talents through a creative, inspiring curriculum providing children with aspirational ideas for their futures.
Ideal Candidate will:
• Have a recognised Teaching Assistant Qualification would be advantageous
• Have a minimum of 3 months experience working in an education setting, working with students with Special Educational Needs – Especially Autism (ASD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD).
• Have experience using communication methods; such as British Sign Language (BSL) and Makaton would be desirable
• Have an enhanced DBS certificate registered to the update service or willing to pay and apply for a new certificate
• Have the ability to tailor their skills to meet the needs of each individual child
• Be kind, caring and patient when dealing with children who require specialist support
What to do next?
Register your interest with Twenty4Seven Education today by contacting Elle from our Birmingham office on 0121 817 0400 or e-mail an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Benefits of working with Twenty4Seven Education:
• Competitive rates of pay
• Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
• FREE Safeguarding Training
• £100 For All Referral Scheme
• Early notification of Training/Courses/Workshops
• FREE or heavily discounted CPD Courses (Level 2 TA Course, BSL Certification, Mental Wellbeing of Children Certification and Paediatric First Aid Course)
• Minimal Administration
Twenty4Seven Education provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. As members of the REC Twenty4Seven Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.